Organisation is important. I’m not sure exactly how many
assets are in the project for The Great Forest, but I do know that we’ve easily
cleared 2.2 TB in footage alone. And as of this week, every single clip is in
its appropriate bin, has markers for suggested in and out points, markers for
notes (both from Marli and myself) and brief descriptions attached to each
clip. I think the logging and ingesting stage of any project is the most
tedious and painful, but it’s a necessary pain. There’s nothing worse than
having to sift through mountains of footage to find the right clip, or having
to re-link scattered and unorganized media that has somehow gone offline
(#themfeels). So that’s what this week has been all about- hanging out with
Marli and going through every clip in the project, deciding if we think we will
have a use for it, deciding WHERE we may have a use for it, and how it could
play along in the story. I’m definitely not a fan of scrapping footage from a
project, because I truly believe that so many clips that originally seemed
unusable may prove to be usable somewhere down the line-so every clip has to
answer the following questions-
·
Is it in focus? No? get rid of it
·
Are there 4 other takes that are EXACTLY the
same? Yes? Pick the best and get rid of the rest
·
Is the dolly movement reminiscent of those old
school city circle trams? Yes? It’s gone.
While these clips are cleared from the project, they’re not
gone forever. They’ve been relocated from the fast RAID drive to the slower
HDD, and will probably be revisited from time to time- while it’s highly
unlikely, there may just be a use for them somewhere down the line, and I don't want to shoot myself in the foot just yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment